28 February 2006

Best Guns

Kim Du Toit has posted his. And with closed comments. Coward. Especially since he fucked up, the M21 is not a Remington 700, it's an accurized M14. The M24 is derived from a Rem 700, but it is NOT an actual Rem 700, nor is the Marine M40.

My favs:

Hunting Rifle: Remington 700, .30-06 with 4-12x scope. .30-06 is versatile. Varmits to big game it can do it. The 700 is a damn fine action. Winchester Model 70 and Savage 12 runners up here.

Fighting Rifle: FN FAL. 7.62x51mm NATO is an excellent choice. The FAL has proven itself in reliability and durability over the H&K and it fits me better than a M1A. If I was really going to buy a 7.62x51mm NATO semi-auto I would buy an M1A. Key to the reliability and durablity seems to be the FN part, US made guns just arent living up to the original's reputation. An AKM, SKS or Daewoo DR200 are also rans, but lack either accuracy or range.

Sniper Rifle: Remington 700, .338 Lapua Magnum with 4-12x scope. Just like the hunting gun, but with more thump. .30-06 would be fine for sniping, as would 7.62x51mm, but I want someone I snipe to stay down.

Pump Shotgun: Remington 870, 12ga 3", cylinder bore, rifle sights. More consistent quality control than Mossberg.

Automatic Shotgun: I don't like semi-auto shotguns. I have never fired one that worked right when it fit or fit right when it worked. SIGH.

Automatic Pistol: Glock 21. .45 ACP, 13+1, dead reliable. And guaranteed to piss about half the gun population off when it works better than they expected.

Revolver: Colt Anaconda, .45 Colt. My prejudiced choice. Cylinder rotates in the proper direction (as decreed by the Gods) big time proven bullets, stainless. I still have not forgiven S&W or Ruger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.