22 May 2006

What Bloomberg Is Missing

The Laws and ordinances of the State, County, City and associated Burroughs of New York, and New York City do not in any way apply to South Carolina.

Federal laws apply to both.

South Carolina's laws, likewise do not apply to New York.

Which brings us to this. If I sell a gun in complete compliance with SC laws IN SOUTH CAROLINA it is completely legal, even if that customer would be barred from owning a gun in NYC.

Another example of jurisdictional limitations.  To purchase a handgun in Iowa, one is required to obtain an pistol purchase permit from the local sheriff.  That permit is not required to purchase a handgun in Florida (ask me how I know).  What this means is; although I do not have an Iowa pistol purchase permit, it is perfectly legal for me to buy a handgun in Florida, because I live in Florida!  My Florida residency makes it illegal to buy a handgun in Iowa regardless of permit because of FEDERAL restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.