24 April 2007

Mom Stuff

Mom wants to give me her car. That's nice of her! It's a 2002 Honda Civic EX sedan, 1.7L, automatic. And knowing Mom, extremely well maintained.

All I have to do is go to Denver and get it. That's not as bad as it sounds, Mom has offered to pay for a plane ticket, pay for food on the trip and pay for the gas it takes to get from Denver to here. Literally, "I am paying you to come take this car off my hands!"

Unfortunately, for me, it's not going to be available until after Memorial Day. June is when the schedule here goes berserk. The Lovely Harvey's graduation is June ninth. I really want to see her walk to get her diploma. The good news is that The Lovely Mother In Law, will be down for the graduation. That means that I there will be someone to look after The Boy if I am gone for a few days.

Middle of May is much better for me. It's also more likely that Mom will be alert and herself to visit her.

I worry that if I wait until after The Lovely Harvey's graduation I will miss the window and Mom will gone in mind, if not yet in body.

I cannot afford to make the trip twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.