26 July 2007

Laptop Depression

Xubuntu is running on the ancient HP N5195's new 80gb hard drive.

I can't figure out how to get Xubuntu to do anything, but it's running. It can see the wireless card, I think, but not connect. It doesn't seem to be connecting via cable either.

And if it can't network, it's kinda useless.

I know it has to be something I have done wrong, JT had it working at his house.

The XP partition is virgin. I had forgotten what that meant. I just don't want to configure it. In fact, the little "you don't have antivirus" icon infuriates me. It makes me angry enough that I don't want to get anti-virus installed.

It holds the bedroom door open quite well though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.