03 June 2008

A Little Too Late Barry

For your denunciation to mean anything it would have had to have come from within yourself, not from looking at how your continued membership hurt your poll numbers.

For this to mean anything the story would have run more along the lines of, "When asked about Rev Wright's racist comments, Sen Obama stated, 'The racism was troublesome to me and my beliefs, which is why I left that church years ago." If he'd left years ago, I could believe that his conscious was involved. Heck, if he'd resigned just a few weeks before he started his campaign with a strong message against the racism, I would at least give him some credit.

Denouncing now, after his popularity numbers fall, is pandering.

UPDATE

For an example of how to do this correctly, see how Bob Barr is dealing with Stormfront. Ron Paul got this wrong too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.