22 August 2008

Paring The Wishlist Down

The Lovely Harvey loves her S&W 640-3. 

She needs practice, but got all the rounds on paper at 21 feet. It's DAO, so trigger control is everything. Trigger control only comes with practice.

Despite dire warning from 'expert' Lenny, .357 Magnum was a non-event for our girl. She was impressed by the muzzle flash, but was in complete control the whole time! YOU GO GIRL! Oh, did I mention I was not there at all? She took delivery of the gun and went straight to the range. I am so proud!

I really like her new gun. I think I have to have one now. The morons who made the deal with the devil and Clinton are no longer in charge of S&W, so there's no need to boycott them. If the place she bought it from still has them in stock Saturday, I will have to get one.

That leaves only a couple of guns on the gotta-have wish list.

Browning Baby in .25 ACP.

M1 Garand; must have for any collector of US mil-spec.

Cowboy single action in .45 Colt; right now that's a Ruger New Vaquero. Not sure if I would prefer the 7.5" or 5.5" barrel more, but definitely color case and blue! Bill Ruger died and his son has dumped the stupid "no sell high-caps to civilians" rule so we can deal with them again.

Scoped bolt action; leader here is a Remington 700 SPS-DM in .30-06. Not as big a priority as it could be. This is just a niche that I think every gun owner should fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.