23 August 2008

Wish List Is Smaller By One



Tried to go to the gun show today. Wrong week! It's in another town this week.

The Lovely Harvey flipped me some shit and said that I could still make it to Shoot Straight and order the revolver I am after. Even though she was flipping me grief, it was an excellent idea, so...

This is hers. Smith & Wesson Model 640-3; 2 1/8" barrel, 5 shot, .357 Magnum.

This is mine, same model. I missed the sale so I had to pay a little more than The Lovely Harvey.

Here they are together. Interestingly, even though The Lovely Harvey has had hers longer, mine was made first. Both guns came with an envelope containing a spent case for ballistic fingerprinting. According to the date on the envelopes, mine was made 14JUL08 and hers was made 15JUL08.

And a bit of scale. The top gun is a Colt Anaconda; 4" barrel, 6 shot, .44 magnum.

Tomorrow I will be going to Orlando to see if I can find a Garand worth owning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.