13 April 2009

Ensign Carl Dietrich USN 1968

This is Geff's character from my SEALs game.



I think the H&R T223 came out really good. It's like killing your kids to have to do things like cutting the pistol grip off so that it fits the figure's hands. The "smoke" grenades are going to be made into 308-1 grenades, one TIARA marking and one napalm. Because they have identical bodies to the M18 smoke grenades, I decided (for Geff) that this character carries the smoke grenades in an M18 Claymore's bag.


Technically, I think his character was carrying a M1956 LCE Lightweight Rucksack, but I decided to have some fun with it and used a ruck from an NVA figure kit. This was really done, so I don't feel bad about it at all. The floppy hat is also an NVA item. Geff approved that change. Such hats were worn to show the enemy a "friendly" silhouette.

 

Check the S&W Mk 22 Mod 0 "Hush Puppy" tucked in there! I will add a lanyard made from fine wire as I get closer to finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.