14 June 2009

Near Disaster

While practicing taking my spiffy new P238 apart, I pushed the safety from safe to "take-apart".

And APART it came! The safety detent plunger and safety detent plunger spring came flying at my face, hitting me just above the right eyebrow and disappearing into the mist.

So I start carefully moving everything in the bedroom. The spring was under the left monitor. The plunger was not with it, and it's no place to be found.

So I give up, grab the Dremel and cut a tail into an AR15 take-down detent. I put things back together and they work.

The Lovely Harvey walks in and asks what am I doing. I tell her. She looks around on the floor a little bit while I tell her that I have given up. While she's talking to me I glance at her foot and THERE IT IS!

I am giving all the credit for finding it because if she hadn't stopped in to find out what I was doing and stayed to look around a bit herself, it would still be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.