03 September 2009

Geek-Mind

I see this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=9&t=627307

And think, hmmm, vitals hit, instant kill with this round.

A 300 lb pig has a ST of 12 and DR 1. Vitals hit with a pi round does 3x damage. Both the Barnes TTSX and Nosler Accubond are expanding rounds, so they bump to pi+ (which doesn't seem to increase the damage at all since we're hitting vitals).

So, to get instant death we need to do 72 points of damage to our 12 HP pig. 24 points of basic damage. I list 6.8 as a 6d pi attack.

Hollow points make the DR 2. So I need a basic roll of 26 to do this. Average hit of 6d is 21. That gives 57 points of damage. That puts piggy at -45 HP. That's 1 consciousness roll and 3 death rolls, it's also a major wound requiring a roll to avoid being knocked down (at -5). It's possible for that to be a kill.

I am McThag, I am a Gaming Geek.

Even better! According to the 4e GURPS Update, ST = 2 x (cube root of weight in pounds) round down. The 222 lb. boar would have a ST of 12 and the 208 lb. boar would have a ST of 11.

ST 12 piggy with an average 3.5 pts per die is as above. ST 11 piggy is at -46 points, but takes an extra death roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.