28 January 2010

Car Stuff

It's been a banner week for doing some stuff I have been putting off on the Vette.

First I plunked down the $20 for a new mount for the radar detector. The one that came with it is just a bent pieces of sheet metal with two suction cups; and it falls off a lot. New mount is more like the kind that comes with GPS units with a lever that creates more vacuum under the cup and holds things more solidly.

Next I took the heater controls apart to clean up the sticky from a spilled bottle of NOS Energy Drink. The cute little bottle that looks like a nitrous tank doesn't fit in the cup holder well enough to withstand the deceleration load of the brakes.

While I had the center console all taken apart, I relocated the microphone for the hands-free function of the vette's stereo. I had it by my right knee because the wiring was easy. Today I moved to the right of the instrument cluster and people can now hear me when I talk. Bluetooth finally works the way it was intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.