11 March 2010

Gaming Guns

I am reminded of some of the fun gun stuff from gaming.

In the way back, I thought the FG.42 was a pretty nifty gun. I had no idea how fragile they were.

In one world, K'tanga, I had a group of people who were fed up with the state of affairs in the US who set up a new home beyond the interworld portal that happened to be located in Zaire.

They called their little enclave, New America (no relation to the group of the same name in Twilight 2000).

A Mary Sue of me, Calvin Dean, made a rifle patterned off the FG.42 called the M1 Dean. Since they had no actual FG.42 to pattern it off if, there were surely differences in function, but it had the same overall layout.

I dusted off my old notes today and noticed I had it chambered in .280 British with a 25 round magazine.

Fast forward to today. One of my favorite cartridges is 6.8x43mm SPC; the affordable magazines are 25 rounders. 6.8 is nearly a twin ballistically to the old .280 Brit.

I wonder if I like the 6.8 because of that similarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.