20 July 2010

I Don't Care

Seems a private of the 1st Battalion, Royal Gurkha Rifles took the head of a dead Taliban commander when time was short so that they could prove they had, indeed, killed the right guy.

Local rabble rousers are all up in arms about how this is a great insult to Islam. Something about how the entire body has to be interred to have chance at heaven.

I don't care. C'est le Guerre! You want to be buried whole, stop shooting at Allied troops. Stop setting up IED. Stop making war on us and we'll stop making war on you. That's how we operate.

Because it is war, and I aim that you be dead because of it, I don't give two shits about how you feel about it. I don't care that you don't want to be dead. I don't care if you approve of the methods employed to kill you. I don't care. I could, perhaps, care if you showed any inclination at all to fight like men and follow the generous framework of the rules of war we follow while hunting you. You don't respect my beliefs about how to treat prisoners or their corpses; why the hell should I respect yours?

You're insulted by what this Gurkha did? I am insulted by Mogadishu and Fallujah. You showed me how you wanted your corpses to be treated then, I am just following your example. See how this works? You want me to follow your rules, you have to also follow mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.