1. Do you believe that criminals and domestic abusers should be able to buy guns without background checks?
Absolutely! Because I believe that if they are out here in general society with us, they should be here as full members. If I cannot trust them with a gun, I cannot trust them with rat poison, gasoline, kitchen knives, baseball bats or heavy blunt instruments.
2. What is your proposal for keeping guns away from criminals, domestic abusers, terrorists and dangerously mentally ill people?
Lock them up; keep them locked up until no longer a danger to society. Deciding who is "dangerously mentally ill" is a tough row to hoe though.
3. Do you believe that a background check infringes on your constitutional right to “keep and bear arms”?
Yes; especially since I have to undergo such a check every single time I purchase a firearm. I have proven I have a clean record the first time and nothing has changed since then, why do the full check every time?
4. Do you believe that I and people with whom I work intend to ban your guns?
I most certainly do believe it! I believe it because the people you work with have said so! Granted, they have changed the name of the company twice since then, but it's a matter of record. Couple those statements with how they fight to keep infringements on the right to keep and bear arms I should ask, "How can you not believe it?"
5. If yes to #4, how do you think that could happen ( I mean the physical action)?
I think we really need only look at where it has already happened. New Jersey, California, New Orleans, Chicago... Bob had a good list of the steps in his answers to these very questions.
6. What do you think are the “second amendment remedies” that the tea party GOP candidate for Senate in Nevada( Sharron Angle) has proposed?
The "second amendment remedies" are "shoot the bastards!" Sounds very harsh, doesn't it? It's the real intent of having the 2nd amendment; but it's like an ejection handle. You use the handle and you won't be using the plane again; so you do everything you can before yanking it. It would help immensely if people would stop routing us through thunderstorms and throwing frozen turkeys into the intakes!
7. Do you believe in the notion that if you don’t like what someone is doing or saying, second amendment remedies should be applied?
Not as such. As I indicated, the 2nd amendment remedies are last resort, start over from scratch, actions. We are a long ways from needing to use them; however we have been moving in that direction. It would be better for all concerned to stop moving towards a situation where the only solution is to shoot the bastards. A useful tip here, it's not mainly about guns that have lots of people thinking we need an armed insurrection to "fix things".
8. Do you believe it is O.K. to call people with whom you disagree liars and demeaning names?
Is it OK to call an untruthful prostitute a "lying whore"? If someone is lying, it's OK to call them a liar. If someone is being hypocritical, then it's OK to call them a hypocrite. If someone is taking money in exchange for sexual favors, it's OK to call them a whore. It's impolite to call someone those things if they are not, but it's legal.
9. If yes to #8, would you do it in a public place to the person’s face?
Not only would I, I will do it again!
10. Do you believe that any gun law will take away your constitutional rights?
Do you mean 'any' as in 'every' or that it's possible to make a law that's unconstitutional? I don't think every gun law is unconstitutional, just most of them. I don't really mind the background check laws, I just worry that more and more things will become felonies until it's impossible to live in the USA without breaking one of those laws.
11. Do you believe in current gun laws? Do you think they are being enforced? If not, explain.
I do not believe that the current gun laws are doing anything but aggravate the law abiding and that they do nothing to impede criminals from obtaining and using guns illegally. Classic example: straw purchase. The way it is defined if I wish to buy a gun as a gift I have made an illegal straw purchase. I cannot even pay for the gun while the recipient (or both of us) undergoes the background check. Criminals just lie or have someone else lie, if I tell the truth, I break the law.
12. Do you believe that all law-abiding citizens are careful with their guns and would never shoot anybody?
I believe that law-abiding citizens are careful with their guns. I don't think that they would never shoot anybody, especially since anyone who's bought a gun for self defense is pretty much stating they will shoot someone under a specific set of circumstances. I think this question is an attempt to be disingenuous.
13. Do you believe that people who commit suicide with a gun should be included in the gun statistics?
Only if they use a gun and only if suicides are in a separate category from murders and legal homicides.
14. Do you believe that accidental gun deaths should “count” in the total numbers?
Certainly! Especially since these numbers support my position and undermine the Brady Campaign's. Accidental gun deaths are declining!
15. Do you believe that sometimes guns, in careless use or an accident, can shoot a bullet without the owner or holder of the gun pulling the trigger?
Yes. There are several examples where a gun can be made to fire without pulling the trigger and virtually all of them would fall under criminal negligence if someone were to be harmed while doing so. Look, criminal negligence is criminal without even making it specific to firearms; guess we don't need a new law to make it illegaler, huh?
16. Do you believe that 30,000 gun deaths a year is too many?
Do you believe it's too few?
17. How will you help to prevent more shootings in this country?
By carrying a firearm where ever I may and killing anyone who tries to hurt me physically. Dead criminals have 0% recidivism rate and far too many violent criminals are multiple violent offenders. Oh, wait, you didn't ask how will I prevent illegal shootings! I guess I am not going to do anything to stop more shootings, oh well.
18. Do you believe the articles that I have posted about actual shootings or do you think I am making them up or that human interest stories about events that have happened should not count when I blog about gun injuries and deaths?
I am not saying you are lying. But your methodology is familiar. Has there ever been a greedy Jew? Has there ever been a lazy black man? Has a black man ever fathered an illegitimate child? Has an Irishman ever gotten drunk? Once drunk has that Irishman ever been belligerent? It not that these things never happen, it's that not every member of a group is alike or guilty of the things you claim. It's called bigotry and we recognize it and don't care to be painted with your overly wide brush.
19. There has been some discussion of the role of the ATF here. Do you believe the ATF wants your guns and wants to harass you personally? If so, provide examples ( some have written a few that need to be further examined).
All of my dealings with the BATFE have been polite, cordial and professional. That does not mean I support their overall methods of doing business. When asked simple questions concerning the law or regulation they become vague and answer without answering. Questions like, "Can I own more than one short barreled upper receiver for a single, registered, short barreled AR-15 while also owning one or more unregistered Title 1 AR-15's?"
20. Will you continue a reasonable discussion towards an end that might lead somewhere or is this an exercise in futility?
This is an exercise in futility because your side will not participate in a reasonable discussion in the first place so there cannot be a continuation of such.
I must say that Joe Huffman has the absolute best response to her questions.
I must say that Joe Huffman has the absolute best response to her questions.