13 September 2010

Rights

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39075518/ns/today-parenting?gt1=43001

The owner of the restaurant has every right to set rules for their establishment, including telling parents of screaming children to fix the problem.

Ms Chambliss is too typical of the parent of a special needs child; over sensitive to any slight. I hate to break it to you, ma'am, but I've seen a lot of these kids now and some of them should not be in restaurants. Where have I seen these children? They are my son's classmates.

I too am a parent of a special needs child. If I am unable to get The Boy to behave, there is no reason at all to ruin the dining experience for the whole place. Luckily, The Boy is high enough functioning to be able to behave most times.

Unspoken in the article is what level her child is at. I'm going to assume that her child is not functioning at a very high level since she takes immediate offense. Get over yourself, ma'am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.