04 October 2010

Dottie and Rosie Range Day!

I've had the barrel from Bison on Dottie for almost a year now, so it was about time to get her to the range.

Rosie has been languishing in the safe for even longer, I didn't even know if she worked correctly.

Great news!  Both are now zeroed and gave zero problems!


Dottie (bottom) is my AR in 6.8 SPC II (aka 6.8x43mm SPC).  Rosie (top) is a 1945 production Springfield M1 "Garand".


Rosie at 50 yards.


Rosie at 100 yards.  As you can tell from how much the group widened up, I need more practice at 100 yards.  Gimme time, I'll get there.


Dottie at 25m for zeroing.  I need a second trip to the range to move the zero out to 100 yards, a 25m zero gives about 10.5" high at 100 yards.  A 100 yard zero give about 2.5" low at 25 yards, but I ran out of time at the range.  The irons, which have a range adjustment are peachy with a 25m zero.  I've actually adjusted the Aimpoint down the requisite number of clicks for a 100 yard zero, I just need to confirm it.

The Garand speaks with authority at the indoor range.  I am happy I use ear-plugs and muffs.  Recoil was stout, a bit harsher than the FAL, but very manageable.  Not once did I hear a "ping" from the ejecting clip.  I love this gun!  I have wanted one since I can remember and regret not having any money when a friend of mine sold his (to a mutual friend who still has it).  I despaired when "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" came out since popular movies with prominently featured guns tend to dramatically increase the price for said guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.