10 November 2010

Minor Irritation

Sometimes comments remind me of people who, in a conversation, are just waiting for their turn to talk.

Some commenters never seem to comment on the topic of the post, rather they comment on something that's only tangentially related to the topic.

At times, this can lead to interesting side discussions.

Most of the time it's just the commenter saying, "I want to talk about this and I am using your post as an excuse to bring it up."  Gee, you think that if I wanted to have that discussion here I might have brought it up myself in a post about that topic?  Oh, wait, I didn't... So maybe I wanted to talk about the topic at hand instead?

Kthnxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.