DISCLAIMER

No good can come of reading the contents of this blog.

Viewing or use of this blog or any contents or links contained herein by any person or entity within the confines of the states of Arizona and/or Tennessee is prohibited .

Violators of this policy agree to hold the owner of this blog, its contents and all links contained herein, harmless to any harm or offense taken or perceived.

Permission to use any content on this site is explicitly denied to Robert Farago, his family, his friends, his associates, his pets, and his employees and/or employer and/or their employees either in part or whole.

18 November 2010

My Grail Guns

This is not quite the same as the previous senseless gun wants.  These are guns I expect to someday actually own (and be proud of).  They are mostly guns I used to own too.  The ones that got away.

A Brazilian M-1908 in 7x57mm that's as nice as the one I had to sell to eat.

A Remington-Rand M1911A1.  Condition has to be either nearly new like the one Dad gave me (and I sold) or moderately banged up like the one I was issued.

Colt Mustang.  The SIG P238 is a near clone, but the original has the Kool-Aid.

Colt M-1917.  It just fits my hand better than the S&W M-1917.

Colt Anaconda 4" barrel in .45 Colt.  Another one that got away.  I have one with a 6" barrel in .45, it needs a friend.  I had a .44 Magnum 4" and sold it.  It wasn't the same.  I think that I would also like a 6" in .44; but the desire is not near as strong.

Marlin 1894 Cowboy in .45 Colt.  I love the lines and the appeal of a lever gun that's chambered in the same round as my revolver is strong.  This isn't really a grail gun since it's still in production, but it seems to be hard to find one.  This rifle would need a companion revolver for cowboy action shooting, a Ruger Vaquero or S&W Model 3 clone would do; but I could live with just having the Marlin for quite a while.

That will do me for now.  Other guns get added to this list and fade away while these remain constants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try to remember you are a guest here when you comment. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention.