24 November 2010

Ranges

The range I frequent most often is indoor.  The lighting sucks.  At the firing line there are no lights.  The space behind the line is well lit and the range itself is lit fairly well.

What this gives is the rear sight of my AR is lit from behind and the front sight is in shadow.

It's surely affecting my accuracy.

There's a nice outdoor type range that's a pain to get to and has hours that don't mesh well with mine.  I will definitely have to see if I get different results up there.

3 comments:

  1. Having learned to shoot as a young man in The Corps, I have always preferred outdoor shooting. Indoors, the lighting, noise, lack of ventilation and forced proximity to unfamiliar shooters always makes me unhappy. Limited distances, too! Good luck finding a good outdoor range. I'm fortunate to have a great local club with low yearly fees, decent ranges, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outdoor range with the goofy hours is an excellent range an it gets better every time I go out there. I guess I should suck it up and become a morning person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're anything like me, coffee + shooting = lousy accuracy! My morning range day beverage of choice is decaf and water. Be a morning person! You can always nap, right?

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.