10 November 2010

Senseless Gun Wants

Thanks to Jay.

He's made a list of guns he calls guilty pleasures.

Here's mine:

Stoner 63: It's fragile, it's obscure, it's rare, it's NFA.  It was Gene Stoner's attempt at making a universal gun for general issue.  The SEAL teams loved the LMG variation, to the point of having Reed Knight reengineer them to use the belts from the M249 rather than just adopting the M249.

BAR: And not the Browning hunting version either.  It can be had in semi-auto too; essentially giving you an M1A for triple the cost and twice the mass!

Virtually any semi-auto version of something belt fed: It's pure geekno lust.  Such devices are utterly useless as anything but smile generation.  Smile generation alone might make it worth it.

A 40mm grenade launcher: The real lust is for an XM148 CGL-4.  I don't think that a single one is in civilian hands.  Barring that an M203 would do; but the retro lust cries for the M79.  Never mind that reloading the training ammo is around $15 a shot and actual explosive rounds have a $200 per round NFA tax on them on top of being $300 each already...  Oh, there's a buck-shot round that's every bit as effective as a 20ga #4 buck load for just $30 per round too!

Baby Browning: Anything in .25 ACP fascinates me.

FIE Titan: Part of the .25 ACP fascination.  I had one once and have misplaced nostalgia for one in stainless with rosewood stocks.  It was not a good gun at all, but it is the first gun I ever conceal carried.

FN49: The parent to the FAL.  My preference is for the 8mm Egyptian model, but a Belgian in .30-06 would be fine too.  Of course a 7x57mm Venezuelan is OK as well.  Who am I kidding, I'd take any or all of them.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe one day when I move up in mouse guns I'll think about selling my current Titan .25ACP to you.

    Don't hold your breathe though. It seems there are many more new guns on the list before I get around to replacing the Titan

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.