09 December 2010

Echo chamber, chamber, chamber, chamber...

I mentioned intractable gun decisions just the other day.

I forgot to mention the cannibal debates.

These are where people like a particular design, but feel the other person bought the wrong brand.

Tam's got a good comment thread going along those lines now.

Just makes you wanna say, "Why can't we just get along?"

My 1911 preferences are, I gather from reading some of these, odd.

I'm fine with the bare bones M1911A1.  No extended controls, arched mainspring housing, and stubby beaver tail.

About the only change I would make is the sights.  Perhaps on my next one...

The current one also serves a nostalgia role in that it's a clone of the gun I was issued as a tanker.

At any rate, I only have my personal experience to go on for this example.  Springfield Armory did a good job with it.  It's their GI model and the only upgrade I've made is a set of rosewood stocks.  It's never failed to go bang and the only problem I've ever had was the $5 magazines I bought at a gun show dropping their baseplates.

1 comment:

  1. One of those was my first 1911. It was a DAMN fine gun. I miss it and desperately want to replace it.

    I don't think there's a "wrong" brand, but I do like some more than others.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.