04 December 2010

Sarah Palin

I don't understand the level of hatred associated with her.

I will get out, right now, I don't particularly care for her.  There's something ineffable about her that turns me wrong, but it's not hate.

It's super easy to find every gaff she's ever made too.  Dumb Sarah Palin Quotes, Gaffes and Lies..

I think it's easy to demonstrate she's not an intellectual.  I watched a bit of "Sarah Palin's Alaska."  I couldn't watch it for the same reason I can't sit through an entire home movie.  But is she an idiot?

I don't think she is.  I think that she was definitely out of her depth during the '08 elections.  She was clearly flustered by the pressures put to her.  I don't want a presidential (or vice) candidate who can't take the heat.  Since then I have seen several of her speeches at Tea Parties; that's not a moron talking.  Yes, she's working from notes (some written on her hand!) but the content is more extemporaneous than anything I've seen from a politician lately.  She might not be my choice as a political candidate, but she's a damn good pundit, now.

The heat that was frustrating her; if the media were impartial and unbiased it would have been applied to candidate Obama and his running mate.  I would dearly love to see the gafftastic Joe "mumbles" Biden put to the same pressure.  Some of his gaffs are listed under, Dumb Joe Biden Quotes and Gaffes.

People made such a huge thing about Palin making those same level of mistakes, but there's no massive ground swell of hate for Joe Biden.  I deliberately sourced the quotes from the same site, why is Joe honest and Sarah a liar?  Notice too that a good hunk of what's presented in her listing are not gaffes at all, or lies; merely things the aggregator disagrees with.  I think my favorite quote from that link is, "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.'  English is a living language.  Shakespeare liked to coin new words too.  Got to celebrate it!"  Um, she's right.  You're mocking her about it, but she's right; and she knew about Shakespeare just making up words that have since become part of the language (that's not really common knowledge).  'Refudiate,' is actually not a bad one since 'refute' and 'repudiate' are very close in their meanings.  Of course this is the same crowd that wants to ban the use of the word niggardly because it's racist.

I am just not seeing what makes people hate her.  Of course, Bush was not Hitler either.  Side note, if Bush were Hitler we'd have taken the neighboring French speaking nation (Canada) over without doing much shooting and we'd be well on our way to Brazil SEVEN YEARS AGO!

I think that's the real root here.  They hate her for the same reason they hated Bush, they're irrational.  If it was just a fringe group, it would not be such a worry, but it's the media members who are the fringe here.

I have mentioned it at the old place, it's difficult to talk about the issues when you have to spend all of your time explaining things are not as they are claimed.  It was very tiresome to keep explaining that I didn't have to like Bush to see that he wasn't stupid or Hitler.  I did not like him, he needed to veto a lot more and spend a lot less for me to like him.  But we never get to the issues, we just talked about how he was or wasn't Hitler or how stupid he was.

Go ahead, keep thinking the people who disagree with you are stupid, it means you will constantly underestimate them.

Stop thinking that because I say you are wrong about someone that means I like them.  It's your dishonesty I am refuting.  My refutation is not an endorsement.

2 comments:

  1. My explanation for this is simple: Cherchez les noirs. Or, the fetish for same exhibited by the MSM's dominant clique.

    Until SP came along, the last POTUS-election was an Obama cert; nobody, but NOBODY in the MSM wanted to be the guy who'd derailed this personable, good-looking, black candidate. Anybody who got blamed for doing such a thing would be lucky to get a job as printers'-devil on the Barrow, Alaska Iceberg.

    SP represented a threat to the Messiah; she got people excited about the GOP candidate (face it, I've seen corpses with more charisma than McCain.) So she represented a threat, and they went after her, just like they did Nixon in '60 (at that time, the MSM was manned, top-to-bottom, by people who were almost all in danger of a broken nose or neck if JFK sat down suddenly).

    That also partially explains Hillary's flame-out; of course, her overconfident attitude, the ongoing stink of the Clinton scandals, and the fact that even a lot of Donkeys were fed up with the Clintons didn't help any, either. Her silly lies recoiled on her, again and again; she and her hubster can't seem to remember that in an age of Youtube she can get called on things like the "No shit, there I was; I came into Sarajevo under heavy sniper fire!" story.

    Sarah also represents "fly-over country"---something that the Anointed Ones resent and fear. They'd love to live in a more Europeanized America, and Sarah's everything they're not---and not one damn bit apologetic.

    I have my own issues with the woman---I don't care for that church she goes to, but ISTR she said she picked it for its youth programs. I also am annoyed by her creationism, but I'm not hiring her to teach biology. (Although "private lessons in biology" would not be refused by me...)

    That said, I have to love her for the enemies she's made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as creationism is presented as religion not science, I am OK. Being a creationist is not mutually inclusive of being an Intelligent Design believer.

    Heck, using scientific means, prove that the universe was NOT created in three hours to APPEAR to be billions of years old. Yes, you have to prove a negative!

    As I said at the old place, Christians don't bug me. 99% of the time they don't even try to tell me what to do. As long as the creationist politician remembers the 1st Amendment applies about forcing me to adhere to their beliefs in defiance of science, we're fine. I will not go out of my way to be a dick about proving their beliefs are incompatible with what science has been showing us.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.