28 December 2010

XM Radio

My car came with a free sample of XM when I bought it.

I liked it enough to keep the service for almost three years.

In October, I decided that it was too much money for a luxury item and called to have it cancelled.  The cheery girl on the phone said "no problem" and it would be taken care of.

Just about this time, my bank sent a new debit card.  They'd decided to change from Visa to Master Card.

I had read on the Corvette Forum that the only way to get XM to stop charging a card was to get a new number, so my cancellation became an experiment.

Lo and behold!  I start getting letters and emails telling me that they were unable to process my account information because the (old) card number was being rejected.

So I called back and reminded them I had cancelled.  "We don't have a record of that call..." of course you don't.  No record of the call in October, November and I'm willing to bet December when I call, again, in January.

Every time I call they remind me I owe them for the months after the cancellation I they didn't record.  This is a classic, "not my problem when you screw up".  I reaffirmed that I am not going to be held liable for their error and will not be mailing them a check.

Someday there will be a class action suit over their business practices.  I will gladly join in that suit and collect whatever small crumb is left after the lawyers are paid.

1 comment:

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.