16 January 2011

Conceal Carry Fail

I was watching "The Jackal" and it struck me that Sidney Poitier's character was wearing his side arm entirely wrong for both easy access and concealment.

That got me to thinking about other movies and TV shows.

It seems that, like real life, we should not be seeing the plain-clothes cop's guns.  I think the reason we are seeing them in the shows is to show that this is a COP.  COPS CARRY GUNS.

The only time I have seen a detective's gun hanging out is when they all gather at the local Beef-O-Brady's for lunch.  When they leave, though, they are all covered up again.  As an aside, I long for the day for someone to try to rob the place during those lunches; I desperately wanna use the, "What's it like to be a rocket scientist?" line.

At any rate, Hollywood constantly puts the OWB holster up front at about One O'Clock.  The style is always a canted holster that should be more like 3 or 4 O'Clock.  The position of the holster is also such that I don't think the actor would be able to sit down without their leg shoving the gun into their gut but hard (if they can get their leg up enough to sit with the gun in they way at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.