20 April 2011

Gun Show Last Saturday

I went to the Lakeland Pistol Club's gun show last saturday.

It was not very crowded because there was a Suncoast Gunshow in Tampa.

What I noticed about this show, though, was how many collections were there for "private sale."

About half the tables weren't FFLs but just collectors getting rid of their collections.

Hard times indeed?

Another thing I have noticed; where are these mythical "cheap" S&W Model 10's I keep hearing about? I'd like to get me a .38 service size revolver but I can't seem to find one that's even remotely cheaper than a new snubbie. The model 10 isn't supposed to be collectable because there are supposed to be so damn many of them out there. $900 is not a sign that there's a glut in the the supply or a lack of demand.

The reason I mention it is that I think a .38 double action with a hammer could be a good gun for a new shooter to try out. Not to heavy on its own (a complaint I get about the 1911), not too bad on the recoil, option to try both kinds of trigger pull. Seems a good plan. I also need a .22 pistol for this too.

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked at AuctionArms.com or Gunbroker.com? Kind of like Ebay, only for guns.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.