11 May 2011

Giving Rifles Girls Names

Why?

First there's the obvious Full Metal Jacket reference.

Second it's amusing.

Third, it became useful.  Saying Kaylee was a lot easier than saying, "the carbine with the M4 profile barrel, fiberlite stock, C7 upper and Israeli furnature."

I didn't get the idea to do it until I was reading on Doc Russia's blog about his 6.5 build.  I was 90% done in ordering parts for Dottie when I commented on this "buying a 6.5" post that except for chambering we were ordering the same gun.  Then he went all furry on my caliber choice.  At that moment the name would stick because he was so offended by 6.8.

Also for the record.  I passed my 500 round mark before he passed his 1 round mark because, unlike Alexander Arms, the 6.8 makers were shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.