16 June 2011

A Capital Idea!

I think I have a way to kill two birds with one stone!

Mexico has a bit of a problem with their narco gangs getting ahold of machine guns.

Two things would take (at least some of it anyway) their arms market away from them.

First, allow the importation of complete "icky" gun parts kits, including the barrels.

Second, reopen registration of machineguns by repealing the Hughes amendment.

The both things create a market that's not Mexico for the current owners to be rid of the things that doesn't contribute to the narco gangs arsenals.

"Gee, Mr McThag, doesn't the first thing do that all by itself?"

No.

The second thing is necessary so that the guns will be dearly held here.  I oppose registration, but NFA owners are the most law abiding of the law abiding.  The first thing allows the guns to be rendered into a non-firing easy to import state.  The second thing allows some to be imported whole and takes huge burden off both the buyer and BATFE in making sure that there's no illegal possession of parts.

While I am shooting for the moon, let's also remove short barrel guns and sound suppressors from the NFA.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to find that suppressors are legal in a lot of foreign countries.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.