01 August 2011

Public Transportation

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/aug/01/1/hart-board-oks-small-millage-increase-to-preserve--ar-247671/

Every home owner in Hillsborough County pays for the HART buses.

It's not a lot per year, less than $50.

Want to bet that HART's principle customers aren't homeowners?

How about we charge every single renter $45 a year to fund my car?

Oh yeah, my car is funding the roads that these buses are driving around on, isn't it?  HART gets their fuel road-tax free.

Explain to me again how this is a benefit to me and not just an unwilling subsidy to others?

I recall that buses and trains used to run at a profit in America.  What stopped that?  Who killed it?  The demographic that's dependent on them hasn't changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.