27 January 2012

Goyle Gat

Looks like the lovely Harvey will be getting a 1911 before too long.


She was an early adopter of .357 SIG.

She kind of got forced into it, in the beginning.

When we started looking around for her first gun I had her handle every single gun at the gun show.  What fit her hand best was a Smith and Wesson Sigma.  Unfortunately, when we had the money together a couple of weeks later, we couldn't find one anywhere in 9mm or .40.  Except at one vendor who only had them in .357 SIG; a round I had never heard of.

We rolled the dice and bought it figuring that we could drop in a  .40 barrel later if the round died in the crib.

We never bought that .40 barrel and the round has hung around.

What I noticed about it compared to a 9x19mm is it shoots VERY flat and the report is much sharper.

She has discovered that she just plain likes the round.

I'm thrilled at her interest in the new gun because I want to get myself a .38 Super 1911.  We can do a side by side comparison some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.