18 January 2012

Projects

My friend Forknobulaxx (two 'x's because that's cooler) once bought an L1A1 from me.

Included was an L2A2 Sight Unit Infantry Trilux.

He sold the FAL but didn't sell the scope.

I asked him to keep an eye out for it and he did eventually find it.

It had been in the box, in the basement, when said basement flooded.


Through much whining and cajoling, he agreed to send it down to me, and it's presently somewhere between Des Moines and Jacksonville.

I am looking forward to this challenge!

There's an LED illuminator for the sight post, dunno if it survived being submerged.  However its eminent arrival has me firing up the CAD program and drawing up a replacement unit with a receptacle for a tritium vial.  I am excited!

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing since he had a basement to flood he's on the Des Moines side of that trip. I was born and raised in Iowa and station in Jacksonville FL for a while (or is that supposed to be Jacksonville NC?) at Cecil Field. My eldest daughter still lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's in Ames. His parents provided the basement and despite living on top of a hill, the soil was so saturated it came in through the walls. He lost a lot of photos and books.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.