11 January 2012

Uneducated?

Jami Regs, what have you done?

I hold an associates degrees in Mechanical Drafting (with certificate) and Machine Design.  I have a bachelors degree in Business Administration.

What have you done?

I've laid out and drawn up water purification systems that allow tens of thousands of people in the US, Canada and Mexico to have clean, safe tap water.

I've participated in the design of waste water treatment plants that save the lives of, literally, millions of people by preventing disease and pollution of the water supply.

I've designed bulk materials handling systems that move flour from silos and into mixers so that people may eat.  Systems that have to operate continuously and safely.

I've helped design dispensing machines that provide milk to poverty stricken mothers in Mexico.

I helped with a manifold that allows pilots to breathe at 15,000 plus feet.

I've helped with manifold designs that are in several life-saving medical devices in use around the world.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JAMI?

My beer guzzling, uneducated hillbilly ass has a lot of accomplishments that I am damned proud of and that not just anyone can do.

Before you decide to play the misogynist card here.  I am presently a stay-at-home dad of a mentally challenged boy.  My wife is the sole bread winner here and her degrees, education and accomplishments far exceed my own.

That's just my professional life, Jami.

My hobbies are all pretty involved as well.  Autodidactic Polymath is a phrase you should learn, Miss.  It applies to a lot of gun-owning, RPG playing, hot-rodding, science fiction writing geeks.  "Specialization is for insects," R. Heinlein.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Your hobbies made me giggle. Just saying. I really wish their hobbies even came close to ours some days. Then they might actually use more than scare tactics to talk to people.

    Ain't writing grand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a SeaBee I and my kind probably built what you designed.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.