11 February 2012

Not So Very Long Ago

I think I was almost mugged.

I was at a Wal Mart seeing if they had any .308.  They didn't.

I tend to park the Vette in the middle of the parking lot as it's down hill from there in all directions.  It keeps the shopping carts from rolling into her tender paint.  I also selected the cart corral to be next to the driver's side.

When I parked there I was all alone.  When I came out of the store there was a truck with two very alert people standing near the back of it.  Another person was heading our general direction from off to my right (car and truck being on the left side of the aisle).

I gimped a little faster and got to my car before the third guy could get up to me.  I had the door open, but couldn't get inside before he would be on me so I turned around and waited.  This slowed him down a lot.  The other two had disappeared behind the truck.

The single starts to ask me if I have some spare money.  I glance behind me (I have my door to my back and it's against the corral).  The double is looking at me over the hood of the truck now.

I tell the single I have no cash, just dropping someone off.  But I have my hand in my pocket on my little SIG.  His eyes were working the angles and seeing the double couldn't get around to me before I could maybe draw a gun.  He muttered something like thanks and the other two evaporated.

I got into my car and skedaddled.

Things I realize now.

There's no subtle way to put your hand on your 1911 in a shoulder holster; that's why I was limbering my pocket gun.

I should have stopped being subtle.  Being unsubtle is rude, but so's begging in the Wal Mart parking lot.

I am not SURE they were up to something by the hair on the back of my neck was all tingly.

3 comments:

  1. You lived, and were not arrested. I'd say you did things properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't I just send you an Arfcom thread on this? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the Christmas Special, and frankly I can't blame him.

    The other shit is just him being crazy.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.