16 July 2012

It's About Time!

I got my FL Hometown Forum edition lower receivers from Spikes Tactical.

The parts bin is a little lighter now too since I put some of the spare parts to work.  Going to be a long time before these guns finish since I have some debts to take care of.



What you get instead of the dueling penis Spikes spider logo with the FLHTF group purchase.

Buying two at once prolly puts me on some sort of list.  The wait was epically long thanks to another Obama inspired buying frenzy.

Picking them up in person at Spike's "factory" in Apopka turned into something of a challenge.

This group purchase was giving us $60 per lower instead of the normal $115.  To keep the unwashed from buying up all of them Spikes put a limit on how many you could order at once and set the price at $1,000.  Over at Arfcom, you got a code that knocked $940 off your order per lower.

This is all well and good, but when I went to pick them up, the computer said $1,000 - $940 = $60 + $65 Sales Tax = Total $125 each.  The person running the counter was not the normal guy and you could tell he was getting frustrated with the system.  Nevertheless, he remained cheerful and got it figured out.  Then it was $128.80 please.

I was really freaked for a bit since I committed early to this buy and one thing after another has gone wrong here with the money.  I scrimped and saved to honor this commitment and had to borrow from other places to keep it.  Thanks to those who helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.