22 August 2012

Aluma Black!

The trust information on my SBR's was left in the white because it was too expensive to send  them out to be anodized just for two small lines of text.

Marv reminded me of a product called Aluma-Black.

So I borrowed some of his supply and applied some to the bare aluminum of the lowers.

It smells really bad when it's bubbling away, but it works!

Now Kaylee and Sabrina look like they came from the factory with my trust info on them.

Interestingly, the color it takes matches both Kaylee's black A2 style finish and Sabrina's XM gray finish.

I have to say I am pleased with the results!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.