08 September 2012

Shooty Saturday!

Took Dottie to the range.



I mentioned back here that I had removed the Troy Medieval muzzle brake and replaced it with a Wilson Combat Accu-Tac.

How they compare:



Dottie has been frustrating.  She was accurate enough, but would spread something aweful at longer ranges.  I think I figured out the issue.  The brake was having an adverse effect on the bullet as it left the muzzle.

I have cut my group sizes in half at 25 yards.  We didn't have time to move out to a longer range, but we will soon.

I recycled this target from her previous outing.  The group above the Shoot-N-See decal is from when she sported the muzzle brake, the other two are from the three-prong.


Ten round group for photo purposes.  Marv filmed me shooting it with his Go-Pro on a stick.
EDIT:

Marv's recording from his GoPro on a stick!



2 comments:

  1. I went from an A2 to the Troy Claymore on my 6.8. The POI shifted, groups did not change. My main concern is directing noise away from me for hunting. Seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I built Dottie the choices were kinda limited. Most 5/8-24 threaded muzzle devices were clearly for .308 applications and they trended towards being too large for 6.8 (being able to mount the bayonet was a goal). Troy was one of the few with a specific 6.8 brake, and the Claymore wasn't out yet.

    All in all I am happy with my present choice and the gun seems much quieter with the hider than a brake. Win win, says I.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.