29 January 2013

Wrong Impression

Lest you get the wrong impression I am an atheist.

The religious symbols of people with imaginary friends do not bother me nor terrify me.

I do not feel oppressed by a display of a manger scene in the courtyard.

I am not offended by crosses at military cemeteries.  By the way, if you're not a veteran you don't get a vote about this because you didn't pay the entry fee to the club.

I am mildly bored by invocations at school ceremonies.

I am comfortable in my lack of faith and it can survive a great deal proselytizing.

I ask to be left alone and I will return that favor.

Campaigning against organized religion is not leaving them alone and I would have to expect some push back.  Note that first word in "organized religion".  It's best to not rile them up.  Also remember what their organizations look like to us when you consider making a counter-organization.  Do you think we DON'T look like dicks when we mob up and demand religion be suppressed?

You don't feel like you have anything to lose because a ban on atheist displays of religion in the public square is, what?  And if I am banned from using the public square, why should I be required to pay for it?  Willing to shoulder that burden?  85%+ of the nation claims a belief in God of some kind.

The tyranny of the minority is the worst kind.  You should really look hard at your tactics, you sound just like the race baiters.  Many of the same allies, so it's not surprising that the methods should be similar.

I like freedom.  I like liberty.

I refuse to fight to strip those things from others on the off chance that I might have paid for a fiberglass baby or provided a month of outdoor storage for it in December.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on Angus and a fine post!

    My thinking is that the church deserved the shit kicking it started to get in the 60's. The hypocracy, the sanctimony, the poseurs, the pervs and pedos that took refuge in it have undermined it and the damage is still being felt today.

    The problem is that the men that sank the church now infest the liberal political left - and they are circling around to protect them just as the church did back in the 60's and they do so at their peril. All of these behaviours are as old as man himself. The creed or club doesn't matter - these individuals seem to have a knack for infiltrating any organization and perverting and destroying them. Empires rise and fall with them. We are watching America teeter and wobble as they undermine the base of the nation through the democrat party right now.

    We live in interesting times.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.