09 February 2013

Funny Thing...

A few short years ago I would never have put wooden stocks on a pistol of mine.

Pachmayr made more than a couple of bucks off my and my preference for non-natural materials.

I am not sure what changed in me.

The Springfield 1911 might have been the turning point.  It came with what I think are the vilest set of wooden stocks I have ever felt in my palms.  Just, yuck.

So I went to my parts box dug out my USGI plastic ones that came off my Dad's old Rem-Rand.  They never looked right on the pistol because they were well worn and the gun was new.

Then The Lovely Harvey while accompanying me at a gun show saw "The Grip Guy's" display and wonder what I thought of those pretty rosewood stocks and didn't I have a gun they fit on?

I admitted they were pretty and all but...  Too late, she was negotiating with the seller.

Five minutes later and after answering questions from the vendor through Harvey, I had a set.

They ARE pretty and feel great in the hand.  And they've been on my .45 except for a photo here and there ever since.

Now I find I actually like wood.  It's warm, it's attractive... and now I prefer it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.