28 March 2013

Manual NPP

NPP is the RPO code from GM for the dual mode exhaust on a sixth generation Corvette.

There are butterfly valves in the mufflers that, in stock form, open at about 3,000 rpm allowing the exhaust to bypass the muffler.

This gives a small horsepower boost over the base exhaust, six horsepower.

With the valves closed it's as loud as a Cadillac.

I thought this was a performance car!

So I put a push switch in my dead pedal.




Now you can hear the 436hp of American Canadian LS3 at idle!


2 comments:

  1. +1

    My friend Ace had a 6.0L Monaro, I mean "GTO" with Kooks, "cats," Corsa sport exhaust and a nasty cam (and other mods, 480 at the wheels). It would blow your ear drums out at full song on the outside. Nice on the inside, though. Then again, I've been rocking dumped exhaust on my truck long enough that I think I've caused hearing damage.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.