17 April 2013

Guns To Grok

There are several guns that I am not particularly interested in owning long term, but I definitely want to have long enough to chew on.

A Mauser C.96 and a Luger top the list.

They are interesting in how they are built and the Luger is interesting in how it works.

After I shot them a few times and took them apart obsessively for a week or two I'd be done with them forever.

That's true of a lot of the guns I used to own, actually.

Once I've fingered it and figured out how it works I don't want it any more.

It's heresy, but I could easily be rid of the 1903A3 and Garand.  I know them now and grok their essences.

Of course, I am lazy and not actively selling them.  Listing them on Gunbroker creates an obligation.  I don't feel like being obliging.

5 comments:

  1. Remind me and I will bring my 9mm broomhandle and my luger the next time we are in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever decide to sell the Garand let me know. Since I'm a FFL, the process would be a lot simpler than gunbroker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'd known you were interested, I could have brought my Luger (I've sold it since; it was awfully cranky about ammunition) when I drove down to see you that one time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For future reference, if it's a gun I am interested in playing with it and taking it all apart!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.