14 May 2013

Debate

I'm following a debate about the proper load for a 5.56x45mm AR.  Note that I say, proper; not best.  They're basically attempting to emulate a 7.62x51mm gun without any of the drawbacks of such a gun.

It's pretty clear that they're not really getting that there are inherent limitations to the platform.

Case capacity, cartridge overall length and the caliber itself means that it's never going to be a .308.

It's sure going to be much lighter and handier though.

It's amusing to watch them try.

It might be better if they approached it from a "what do I want my rifle to do?" angle.  From that perspective an alternative caliber or even a rifle that isn't an AR might be obvious.

I think they place they are coming from is a place I've been.  This is the gun I have, I can't really afford what I want, let's make this one do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.