18 May 2013

Excited!

When The Lovely Harvey makes her annual pilgrimage to Iwegia I am normally left alone to contemplate the universe.  It's pretty boring.

This year I've managed to convince two of my friends from the frozen wastelands to come down and "enjoy" the searing Venusian-like heat that is Florida in June.

Real gaming with adults!

WOO HOO HOO!

Marathon session no doubt.

I intend to dust off my old Traveller universe and make them the crew of a Safari Ship.  Animal class for those scoring at home.

A constant problem for campaigns in Traveller was, "what will we do?"  This is because the players obstinately and obsessively avoided taking advantages or disadvantages that would lead to that something to do.

They wanted to be free and independent to do anything they wanted, then were bored that nothing intruded...  Or worse, that the daily grind of running a merchant ship stops being GURPS: Traveller and ends up being GURPS: Accounting.

The Safari ship offers something to do, but on a long campaign it would get kinda repetitive.

For a one or two day fling, it's got all kinds of good points!  I intend to use them.

For nostalgia's sake I think I am even going to use the OGLBB adventure with some suitable modifications.  I think I ran this through with the OG rules once with the players as non-ship crew.  This time they will be ship crew.  I am not sure either Anglave or Fuzzygeff have played it at all.

The published adventure is Hamlet.  We're playing Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.