31 May 2013

Ready For War In The Streets!

I've got seven magazines for my Ruger Mk.I here!

I am prepared for the charging hoard of rabid bunnies!

Good magazines for the MkI are surprisingly hard to find.  These are actually the factory convertible units from Ruger from when they changed the follower button from the right to the left side.

On an original magazine, the button is just on the right side, after 1971 the button moves to the left.  On a Mk2 this is to clear the slide stop.

Top to bottom:  Transitional rigged for A100 and Mk.II  Transitional rigged for Mk.I.  Original Mk.I.





During the transition they made magazines that had the slot for the button on both sides of the body and you swapped the button to the side you needed it on.

Transitional with button removed.
I have two originals and five of the transition.  Marv's spoken for three of them, leaving us both with four good mags and him with two of the crappy plastic based Ruger brand "universal" Mk1-2-3 magazines that work OK, but not always.

Hand feeding sure chews up the rounds too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jimmy Carter was attacked by a bunny. It could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when writing this post!

    GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.