22 June 2013

Ford

I've been a downloading fool from Combat Ace.

One plane that I really liked the looks of is the F4D-1 or Ford.  MacNamara made it into an F-6A when he renumbered all of the planes Air Force style in '62.

Isn't she pretty?


This is me flying a recon mission in a what-if Suez Crisis campaign.

The F4D-1 is pretty and reasonable fast, but she's a wallowing pig.  No pitch authority, no roll authority beyond very mild angles of attack.  Part of it is the model I am sure.  But since it was designed as an interceptor and not a dog-fighter, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised when it can't turn and burn with a Meteor F.8 or MiG-15bis.

But I expect a supersonic fighter to be able to out-fucking-run a straight wing throw-back to WW2!

I am not sure if the Ford is nerfed or if the Meteor is über'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.