20 June 2013

My Friends Visit

I guess I must apologize for the roads.

Driving in and around Tampa is just not the same as driving anywhere in Iowa.

OK, not entirely true.  Iowa has Tampa traffic in small areas seasonally.

The expressions on their faces when I was given the driving duty says a great deal about the differences.  Situations where I was just moving through traffic like everyone else were obviously unsettling to them as near miss after near miss was happening all around them.

I remember my transition to this world of denser traffic.

It's all a matter of what you've become accustomed to, I guess.

When I visited Iowa I was frequently astonished by how trips between towns take no time at all because there's just no traffic on a 55 mph road.  Likewise I am in a frothing rage at a four lane road with a 35 mph speed limit in the larger towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.