28 July 2013

What If

One of the cool things you can do with Strike Fighters 2 is to make changes to the campaigns.

You're limited to inserting nations, squadrons and aircraft from the list that come with the game, but it's not a very short list.

I've been running the Israeli campaigns (Suez Crisis, Six Day War, Yom Kippur War, Lebanon War) with a USAF squadron with USAF planes that were available at that time.

For the Suez crisis I flew an F-100A.

For the Six Day War I flew an F-4D.

For the Yom Kippur War I'm flying an F-4E with the Agile Eagle upgrades.

I haven't decided what I'm going to fly for Lebanon.

For the Yom Kippur War, we exported F-4E's to Israel under Peace Echo I and Peace Echo IV and I've flown them in the game.  The USAF planes have the benefit of being modified based on experience from Vietnam.  The IDF-AF planes don't.

Nothing demonstrates this more than the US Phantoms having AGM-65A's available and jamming pods that are effective against the SA-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.