24 August 2013

Repeat

I mentioned in comments at Confessions of Street Pharmacist...


Someone said, "Custer had better odds than blacks would have in a race war."
Wrong analogy.
Blacks have the same odds as the Indians should the declaration of war be accepted by the white population.
I've said before that it's possible that some day in the future we will look back and think that, perhaps we'd been too harsh and that we should allow blacks a place at the table again.  Someone will remind everyone of the war and it will be agreed that the boot will not be lifted off that particular neck ever again.
I am sad because the decision to have that war is not in the hands of the people who will win it.  And once won you'll be hard pressed to convince anyone that actions that make apartheid seem like segregation aren't just sound policy.
I guess I am an optimist, I still think it can be avoided.

I've said pretty much the same thing before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.