18 November 2013

Even Exchange

A refinished Colt Pocket Hammerless in .32 is gone.

A refinished FN Hi-Power is here.

Check off another JMB(PBUH) design from the list!

Here's my Fabrique Nationale Hi-Power Mk II.  It's an Israeli police contract gun.  It's nearly certain that it was refinished, but they did a great job of it.


The seller under-promised and over-delivered.  The ad indicated that it included a 10 round magazine, not true.  He included a new Mec Gar 13 rounder.

I cannot believe I put off getting one for so long.  It fits my hand like it was designed for it.  I probably was in a "caliber has to start with a 4" snit so I didn't consider a lowly 9mm.  I'm over that.  It's got as many shots as my Glock 21, the loaded gun weighs the same and is physically smaller.  The loaded magazines weigh less than the Glock as well, so the overall package is lighter with spare magazines.

All in all I am very happy!

Obligatory comparison pic with a 1911.


The big and the small of the McThag FN Herstal collection.  I collect .25's so you know I had a 1905 around here someplace!



1 comment:

  1. My buddy had a beat up Nazi hi-power that was supposed to come to me if ever sold, he screwed me, and is no longer a friend. It was beat, but I loved that thing.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.