17 January 2014

We Made What Now

FuzzyGeff's Olga is a heavy AR.

But after watching Lone Survivor, I noticed something...


Olga is a budget SPR Mk.12 Mod.0!


It's a coincidence.  Geff was going for an accurate rifle on a budget that was different from what Marv, The Lovely Harvey and I were making so I could play with the maximum number of novel parts.

Loaded as shown (less sling), she's 11.4 lb.  The SPR Mk.12 Mod.0 is 10 lb and most of the weight savings is in the 2" shorter barrel and the PRI carbon fiber free-float tube.  Considering Olga was a mere $1,400 total compared to $1,864 for just the upper on a Mk.12 with no optics, we did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.