11 February 2014

We're Not Going To Panic

Oh, lookie, 9mm is now acceptable as a self defense round.

Good!

And it's real, 9x19mm performance has improved dramatically since I was young.

What I am not going to do is run out and replace any guns with a 9x19mm because the wind is blowing from a different quarter.  I can't afford to keep up!

More shots is better than fewer, but what's missed in a couple of these debates is that rounds like .40 and .45 still work.  So don't panic!  Your gun still works!

My daily carry is a .38 Super 1911.  A 9mm with a bit more zip, in other words.  The technological advances that make 9x19 a good choice have been applied to .38 Super as well.  Yes, I am giving up 8 shots per magazine compared to an M&P 9; but I already own the 1911 and I shoot it very well.

Those two reasons are enough to stand pat and see if money rolls in for a conversion to a plastic fantastic like an M&P or Glock.

I own a 9mm, The Hi-Power, but I didn't get it for carry.  I guess I could, if I wanted to...

Or go Stage 10 and just carry the J-Frame.

1 comment:

  1. +1 on the 38 Super in a 1911. 10+1 of .357 Mag equivalence means you should be good to go. If not, you're at the end of a long string of bad decisions.

    ReplyDelete

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: Sign your work. Try this link for an explanation: https://mcthag.blogspot.com/2023/04/lots-of-new-readers.html

Anonymous comments must pass a higher bar than others. Repeat offenders must pass an even higher bar.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.