27 March 2014

Bad Design

The battery compartment on the EOTech 552 might be the worst I've ever encountered.

The bridge that connects the two batteries in the front of the cover often becomes pressed down so far as to allow the battery to shake loose.  That breaks contact and lets the sight shut off.

This movement further pounds the bridge down so that it won't make a connection at all after time.

The Lovely Harvey loves the reticule, so I keep crutching it along.

Today's fix involved putting two little round rubber pads under the contacts of the bridge and taking away some of the slack in the compartment.  I hope that this holds up better than the previous repair of bending the bridge up a bit.

It makes me wonder how many of these things you see for sale used have some sort of intermittent problem like this related to the battery compartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a guest here when you comment. This is my soapbox, not yours. Be polite. Inappropriate comments will be deleted without mention. Amnesty period is expired.

Do not go off on a tangent, stay with the topic of the post. If I can't tell what your point is in the first couple of sentences I'm flushing it.

If you're trying to comment anonymously: You can't. Log into your Google account.

If you can't comprehend this, don't comment; because I'm going to moderate and mock you for wasting your time.